Any parcel of land that you are applying to construct upon must have an assigned address. Address applications are available at the Community Development office. You will need to have the correct property tax ID number along with the street name and directions for the property which you need an address for. You will be given an orange card to post on your parcel out by the road where you are proposing a driveway. After this orange card is posted you are required to call our office so an inspector can then address the parcel. The new address will be provided for you on the orange card and will also be recorded at the Clare Community Development Office.
The purpose of this ordinance is to:
- Provide unique addresses to every resident in Clare County.
- Correct miss-numbered addresses.
- Prepare and maintain accurate street address information county wide.
- Work with the Road Commission, township, postal and utility company representatives to maintain accurate data.
- Provide easy identification to Central Dispatch and emergency responders.